What is Paschimottanasana?
In Paschimottanasana, the word Paschim means west direction or the back part of the body, Utana means stretch, that is, by doing this asana, there is a stretch in the back part, due to which it is called Paschimottanasana. And where does Seat forward bend go in English?
This asana is the simplest and most important asana in sitting posture. Due to which the reed bone is flexible and helps in making the digestive system strong. If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
- To do this asana, sit on a mat or mat in a clean and open environment and straighten the legs by spreading the legs in front.
- Now keep the back straight and put the hands on the knees
- After that take a deep breath and slowly exhale.
- Join both the legs and while breathing, straighten the hands like the sky above.
- Now leaving the mother-in-law, slowly bend forward.
- Hold the toes with both hands and place the forehead on the knee.
- Stabilize the body as per your convenience.
- Keep the body still for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Keep breathing in and out normally.
- After remaining still for some time, slowly rise upwards while inhaling and come to the starting position.
Mistakes of Paschimottanasana –
- Exhale while bending down and take a deep breath while coming up.
- Before doing this asana, make sure to leave the body.
- While doing this asana, one should bend slowly and do not hurry.
- For the spine: This asana makes the spine flexible and keeps us away from many diseases.
- To reduce obesity: If you want to reduce your belly fat, then practice this asana regularly.
- In problems related to semen: This asana removes problems related to semen.
- For abdominal muscles: Regular practice of this strengthens the abdominal muscles, which is helpful in relieving digestive problems like constipation, indigestion.
- For skin diseases: The practice of this asana helps in curing skin diseases.
- Sciatica Yoga: This asana cures diseases related to sciatica.
- Yoga for Stones: With the practice of Paschimottanasana, you can prevent kidney stones.
- Yoga to slow down aging: With its practice, you can slow down the pace of age.
- For piles: It is beneficial in piles.
- Helpful in insomnia: This asana is beneficial in insomnia.
- Remove dwarfism with yoga: Regular practice of Paschimottanasana can increase the height of the body and get rid of dwarfism.
- Brings brightness to the face: By the practice of this asana, the flow of blood in the whole body becomes better, which brings brightness to the face, removes weakness.
- To kill stomach worms: Kills stomach worms.
- Beneficial for women: This asana is also beneficial in many diseases of women and is effective in solving all the disorders related to the menstrual cycle of women.
Other benefits –
- By doing this asana, there is pressure in the stomach, due to which the digestive system becomes strong and healthy.
- Brings flexibility and strength to the spine because the most strain falls on the back by doing this asana.
- Stretches the legs, thighs, waist, shoulders and arms.
- There is a stretch in this body, due to which energy comes in the body.
- Helps to strengthen the lungs.
- Considered beneficial for men.
- Helps in reducing the enlarged stomach.
- It is considered beneficial for the liver and pancreas.
- People who have severe back bone problems should not do it.
- If there is any kind of operation, do not do this surgery.
- People with heart disease and high BP should not do this asana.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- Those people who have the problem of sciatica and slip disc should not do this asana.
Paschimottanasana is considered to be the most beneficial asana in strengthening the waist and digestive system. Many types of diseases can be avoided by continuous practice of this. If there is any problem while doing this asana, then the advice of a doctor or yoga guru must be taken.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!